TECNIOspring PLUS, ACCIÓ's fellowship programme, provides financial support to individual mobility proposals presented by experienced researchers in liaison with a host entity. Fellows are offered 2-year employment contracts in order to develop applied research projects at the host entity of their choice.
Host entities may be entities of the industrial sector -companies based in Catalonia - or entities recognised with the TECNIO accreditation.
The programme will involve industry in several ways: first, as said above, companies involved in research and technology transfer processes are elegible host organisations; and fellows hosted by research organisation may be seconded to a company (cross-sectoral secondments) or spend some time there (short visits).
TECNIOspring PLUS is an international mobility fellowship programme that offers experienced researchers the possibility to develop their research career in any R&D entity around the world.
Participants: entities and researchers
TECNIOspring PLUS proposals are submitted by a Catalan host entity, together with an experienced researcher.
- Catalan host organisations may be companies located in Catalonia with 5 or more employees, or TECNIO entities accredited by the Government of Catalonia through ACCIÓ.
- Experienced researchers are researchers of any nationality that have a PhD or four to eight years of full-time equivalent research experience. Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for the submission of applications. Exceptions will be made for candidates with justified career breaks
Applicants should complete and submit the Application Form, attached with the CV and Project Description in accordance with the official documents.
The programme offers experienced researchers two types of fellowships:
- Incoming: 2-year contract in a Catalan company or a TECNIO entity
- Outgoing + return: 1-year contract in a research/technology centre or R&D department of a company located outside Spain, and 1-year contract in Catalonia or a TECNIO entity afterwards.
Experienced researchers will benefit from 2-year employment contracts including:
- Salary costs (with full social security coverage): Incoming: 58.500 € per year. Outgoing + return: 46.200 € per year x correction factor during the stay abroad.
- Research costs: Up to 8.640 € per year.
- Mobility costs: Up to 960 € per year.
The programme offers a selection of activities aimed to complete the researchers' career development:
- Top-notch tech transfer training, including entrepreneurship training
- Secondments and short visits
- Participation in public engagement activities
- Networking activities within the fellows’ community
Call for proposals 2018
Host organisations offer experienced researchers the possibility to develop a research project within their area of interest. At the same time, experienced researchers may suggest a project of their interest to the organisations in order to prepare the proposal. Interested candidates may search for research positions here.
- Call opening: February 2018
- Call deadline: April 2018
- Evaluation process: until September 2018
- Start of fellowships: from September to December 2018
(+34) 93 476 73 02 - (+34) 93 476 72 94
From Monday to Friday
9.00 am to 5.00 pm (GMT +1.00)